Free financial support & news for renters
It is tough timing with everything going on. But, we like to overcome this challenge by sharing information and supporting each other.
Please see below information for tenants, landlords and small business owners in California.
For Small Business Owners:
- LISC [click here]
- Online application opens up on Monday (8/31) [Currently it is closed. The website will announce a new round of application later]
- Women and People of color owned preferred locating in California
- Would get grant (free financial support) from $5,000 to $20,000
- Can use for payroll, any rent or operation debt
- Los Angeles City Micro Loan [click here]
- Any small businesses registered in the City of LA
- Could get between $5,000 to $20,000
- Loan payback: 0% interest for 18 months to 2-3% interest rate for up to 5 years.
- No fees for application or loan processing
- Non-profit organization helping small business loan: Pace
- Help to get federal, state and local city loan
- Please email for assistance, email@example.com
- PACE Business at (213) 353-9400 / 1055 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. 1475, LA, CA 90017
- [New] LA County & City will open up a new application for non-profit and small business grant. For a non-profit, the application opens on 9/21/2020. For the small business, the application will open on 10/5/2020. [Click here]
- State supported: Small Business Disaster Relief Loan Guarantee Program
- California state’s new law for the tenants and landlord took effect on 8/31/2020 to provide relief. [Click here for more info. and forms] For any legal support, please click here. The landlord can request for a mortgage forbearance to the lenders. For federally-backed lending, please click here. For private banks and lending institutions in California, please click here.
- In federal Congress, the Democrat introduced $100 billion legislation for the rent relief. But this bill is sitting on the desk and not moving due to ignorance of the conservative Congressmembers & Trump. It is more likely to have a progress of this bill depends on the results of Nov. election.
- While LA City and County are doing something for the renters, the Orange County Supervisors have not done anything to provide any relief for renters. For instance, LA County just allocated $100 million for rent relief. Where is O.C.?
The renters in O.C. should urge the supervisors to support the renters by allocation $ for the rent relief.
The President of O.C. Supervisors is Michelle Steel, and her contact is below. Please call, email and make a visit to her office.
(714) 834-3220 / Michelle.Steel@ocgov.com / 10 Civic Center Plaza, Santa Ana, CA 92701
COVID-19 Relief Options
Updated on 2020-09-14T21:11:17-07:00, by .